We dined at David Burke last evening and it was great! Here’s what I ordered:
- Angry Lobster appetizer, cooked perfectly, infused with a chili oil and loosened from the shell for easy eating, served on a “bed of nails” so it stood up on the plate
- Market Salad – mixed greens, apples, walnuts, tiny heirloom tomatoes, lardons in a slightly sweet, creamy mustard vinaigrette
- Filet Mignon, grilled perfectly, served with mushroom duxelle and whipped potatoes
- Caesar salad, classic and served with really long oversized croutons
- New York Strip, with bone attached, grilled perfectly, served with a gruyere polenta croquette
Lee treated us to a fantastic bottle of red wine: Chateau Pavie, Saint-Emilion Grand Cru 1999 (he wouldn’t tell me how much it cost). The service, food and presentation was superb and, even though we couldn’t eat another bite, our waiter brought us each one of David Burkes’ signature cheesecake lollipops with bubble-gum whipped cream for dessert. Somehow, we forced those yummy lollipops down.
While the food is very much like what is served at David Burke & Donatella in Manhattan, the ambience and service is very “Vegas”. The music was upbeat and the restaurant decor gives a nod back to the NYC establishment’s red and white theme, with some Vegas embellishment.