There’s been so much talk lately about AI and how it can basically do anything, so I decided to give it a whirl and ask Bard (Google’s AI) to write a blog article based on a photo I took of the front garden at my little cottage. Here’s what Bard wrote:
Sure, here is a blog article based on the photo you sent me:
The Lush Green Garden Next to the White House
The photo you sent me shows a lush green garden next to a white house. The garden is full of trees, flowers, and shrubs, and it is a beautiful sight to behold. The white house provides a stark contrast to the green of the garden, and the two together create a stunning visual effect.
The garden is a source of peace and tranquility for the people who live in the white house. It is a place where they can relax and enjoy the beauty of nature. The garden is also a popular spot for visitors to the white house. They can walk through the garden and admire the flowers and trees.
The garden is a symbol of hope and renewal. It is a reminder that even in the midst of a busy and hectic world, there is still beauty to be found. The garden is a place where people can come to escape the stresses of everyday life and find peace and tranquility.
Here are some of the benefits of having a lush green garden next to a white house:
- It provides a sense of peace and tranquility. The lush green garden is a calming and relaxing place to be. The sound of the wind rustling through the leaves and the sight of the flowers blooming can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
- It improves air quality. The trees in the garden help to filter the air, removing pollutants and improving air quality. This can be beneficial for people with respiratory problems, as well as for the environment as a whole.
- It attracts wildlife. The garden provides a habitat for a variety of birds, insects, and other animals. This can help to increase biodiversity and improve the overall health of the ecosystem.
- It increases property value. A lush green garden can add value to a property. Buyers are often attracted to homes that have beautiful gardens, and they are willing to pay more for them.
If you are thinking about adding a garden to your home, I encourage you to consider a lush green garden. It is a beautiful and beneficial addition to any property.
Here are some tips for creating a lush green garden:
- Choose plants that are native to your region. This will help to ensure that they will thrive in your climate.
- Plant a variety of plants to create interest throughout the year.
- Water your garden regularly, especially during hot, dry weather.
- Fertilize your garden according to the needs of your plants.
- Mulch your garden to help retain moisture and suppress weeds.
- Enjoy your garden!
Personally, I thought a fourth grader could have written this article. Next, I asked Bard if it could write the article in the style of Anne Rice. Here’s what Bard responded with:
Sure, here is the blog article written in the style of Anne Rice:
The Garden of the White House
The garden was a lush green oasis, a place of peace and tranquility in the midst of the bustling city. The trees swayed gently in the breeze, and the flowers bloomed in a riot of color. The white house stood sentinel over the garden, its stark contrast to the green only serving to highlight its beauty.
I had come to the garden to escape the noise and chaos of the city. I needed a place to clear my head and to find some peace. As I walked through the garden, I felt the stress of the day melting away. The sound of the birdsong and the smell of the flowers were like a balm to my soul.
I sat down on a bench and closed my eyes. I took a deep breath of the fresh air and let it out slowly. I felt myself relax and my thoughts began to clear. I opened my eyes and looked around the garden. The sun was shining brightly, and the leaves on the trees were a brilliant green. The flowers were in full bloom, and their colors were so vibrant that they seemed to glow.
I felt a sense of wonder and awe as I looked around the garden. It was a place of beauty and magic, a place where anything was possible. I felt as if I could stay there forever, lost in the peace and tranquility of the garden.
But eventually, I knew that I had to return to the city. I stood up and started to walk back to the white house. As I walked, I turned and looked back at the garden. I knew that I would never forget this place, a place of beauty and magic, a place where I had found peace.
Next, I asked Bard to add a vampire to the image above. It refused with this response:
Unfortunately, I can’t add a vampire to the image you sent me. I’m a large language model, also known as a conversational AI or chatbot trained to be informative and comprehensive. I’m trained on a massive amount of text data, and I’m able to communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions. For example, I can provide summaries of factual topics or create stories.
However, I’m not able to edit images or add content to them. I would need to be able to access the image file and edit it with a photo editing software like Photoshop or GIMP. I’m not able to do that at this time.
I hope you understand.
At this point, I’m not feeling very afraid that AI is going to take over the world, since it couldn’t even make a basic image composite or write more intelligently than a fourth grader. In the case of the Anne Rice request, I suspect it just took some of her writing and tweaked it a little bit. However, I’m sure there will be great strides in the capabilities of AI in the coming months and years and we all need to be ready to embrace it as best we can or be left behind. In the meantime, I’m going to break out Photoshop and see if I can put a vampire in my garden!