We had a excellent meal at Tables Restaurant in Denver on New Year’s Eve. My selections from the pre-fixe menu were:
- Shrimp Cocktail (served in a with a two sauces — one was cocktail sauce; the other was a horseradish-ginger sauce — I love shrimp cocktail)
- Sweet corn “risotto” with lobster — this was sweet whole kernel corn with a slightly spicy (cheesy?) cream sauce with lobster on top — very, very good
- Grapefruit sorbet — served as a palette cleanser
- Basil Crusted Salmon — this was very good, the salmon filet was crispy on the outside and moist on the inside with lots of flavor
- Flourless Chocolate Cake — also very good — just a very tiny fudgy cake with a heavy cream sauce around it
As in our previous experience, the service and hospitality were superb. Also, my insurance agent (who originally referred me to the restaurant) and her husband sat at the table next to us. It was great chatting with them during dinner. Happy New Year!