- One 11 oz. bag of tortilla chips (I like Santitas brand)
- 1 ½ cups ranch dressing (see my homemade recipe here)
- One 16 oz. can refried beans
- One 14.5 oz. can petite diced tomatoes (well drained in a colander)
- One 6 oz. can black olives (whole or sliced)
- 5 ½ oz. (approx ½ bag) vegetarian beefy crumbles such as Beyond Meat brand — or scant ½ lb. ground beef
- 2 cups shredded cheese (extra sharp cheddar, mozzarella, pepper jack or any combination— your choice)
- 2 to 3 scallions, white and green parts sliced
- Guacamole for serving
- Salsa for serving
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and then optionally place a sheet of parchment paper over the foil.
Sauté the beefy crumbles in a tablespoon of olive oil until heated through — approximately 7 minutes. If using ground beef, sauté the ground beef in a non-stick skillet until browned and no longer pink – drain off any excess fat.
Spread the bag of tortilla chips on the lined baking sheet.
Drizzle the ranch dressing evenly over the tortilla chips.
Drop ½ teaspoonfuls of the refried beans evenly over the tortilla chips.
Scatter the drained diced tomatoes evenly over the tortilla chips.
Scatter the black olives evenly over the tortilla chips.
Scatter the sautéed beefy crumbles evenly over the tortilla chips.
Scatter the grated cheese evenly over the tortilla chips.
Scatter the sliced scallions evenly over the tortilla chips.
Bake in the oven until the ingredients are hot and the cheese has melted — about 10 to 15 minutes, depending on your oven. Serve immediately with guacamole and salsa for toppings.